Read Time:49 Second
Objective Of A Data Warehouse
- Collect Data-Scrub, Integrate & Make It Accessible
- Provide Information – For Our Businesses
- Start Managing Knowledge
- So Our Business Partners Will Gain Wisdom!
Data Warehouse Definition
- A Data Warehouse is a Structured Repository of Historic Data.
- It is Developed in an Evolutionary Process by integrating data from Non-integrated legacy systems.
- A Data Warehouse is a repository of information collected from multiple sources, stored under a unified schema, and that usually resides at a single site.
- Data Warehouses are constructed via a process of DATA CLEANING, DATA INTEGRATION, DATA TRANSFORMATION, DATA LOADING, and PERIODIC DATA REFRESHING.
Definition of Data Mining
- It’s the process to extract or “mine” Knowledge from large sum of data.
Remember that the mining of gold from the rocks or sand is referred to as gold mining rather than rock or sand mining.