There has been a lot of hype and curiosity in market regarding 5G technology and how it will affect the way we communicate. In simple terms, 5G is the next generation of wireless technology. This technology will be capable of providing a much higher speed and reliability in communication on many devices.
Before we move on to how this technology will change our lives, a flashback to older generation is much needed. With the advancement in field of wireless communication, many generations of mobile networks has been introduced and implemented such as:
- 1G – Used analog signals for communication
- 2G – Used digital signals for communication
- 3G – Brought into use mobile data
- 4G – Provided fast mobile web access feature. Also, known to initiate the “Streaming Era”
Now, 5G (Fifth Generation) network is here and all set to wow the world with amazing set of features backed with cutting edge network technology. This next generation network will be supporting the implementation of Internet of Things (IoT) for a more connected world. Moreover, this new technology is here to interconnect not only people but also machines and many more.
Features of 5G
- 100% coverage
- Expected to deliver peak rate up to 20 Gbps
- Average download speeds of around 1GBps
- Expected to connect up to 100x number of connected devices per unit area
- Expected availability rate of 99.999%
5G networks have already been launched across the world in various countries such as UK, US, etc. However, this is still a developing technology so one can expect many more features to add up to this technology in the upcoming years.