Here you will find Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video. Let us be honest, online TV streaming has been a part of our lives since the last decade. Of the hundreds of on-demand streaming services on the internet, two stand out: Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
In today’s time, Netflix is perhaps the widely used and favored streaming service globally. It is by far the forefront and the most popular streaming service of its kind. However, Amazon is challenging Netflix with its online streaming service.
We are talking about Amazon Prime Video which has come a long way and seems to be taking over the online streaming industry. It is receiving a huge recognition and praise, at least. However, both the services offer massive content and are at wat for viewers and market share.
Both are ideal for streaming fix and each brings original and exclusive options to the table. If you look at Amazon Prime Video vs Netflix, they offer similar service, but they’re different when it comes to the pricing and content of the service.
So, choosing between these two streaming kings can be difficult as both are extremely good at pleasing your streaming needs. But which one is worthy of your time and credit card information?
In this article, we will be comparing the most liked streaming services i.e. Amazon Prime Video vs Netflix. Without further ado, let’s jump into the topic right away.
Check out the comparison between Amazon Prime Video VS Netflix in 2020
Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video: Price range
- Netflix has three types of services
- Basic ($9 per month) for standard definition 480p video.
- Standard ($13 per month) for high definition video up to 1080p HD.
- Premium ($16 per month) for 4K Ultra HD with HDR.
- These three will access all the Netflix related ad-free movies, TV series, and specials.
- There’s also a one-month free trial which will give you full access to Netflix services free of cost.
Amazon Prime Video
- Amazon is very candid with its pricing and you can either get a monthly or annual subscription as per your wish.
- A yearly membership payment of $119 will access your ad-free services to all Amazon prime video catalog.
- Annual membership allows high-quality videos on TV, including 4K Ultra HD with HDR and Dolby Atmos.
- Just like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video offers the same 30-day free trial scheme.
Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video: Content
- It has more licensed content for most Hollywood movies, TV shows, documentaries, and specials.
- It has produced numerous award-winning originals. Some of its original contents are Stranger Things, LaCasa De Papel: Money Heist, and The Witcher.
- It has also provided services from HBO like; Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Chernobyl, etc.
- You would find it as an entertainment source for all genres. And, it is exceptionally reliable with its content offering, providing new-new content daily.
Amazon Prime Video
- Since its inception, Amazon Prime Video has nearly 4,500 Tv shows and 18,000 as of 2020. Technically, it has a larger content library than Netflix.
- It isn’t very famous for its originals and shines for its regional content.
- Most of its content is; Fleabag, Jack Ryan, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, etc.
- Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video: User Experiences
Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video: User Interface
- It comes with a red-colored theme which looks appealing in term of look.
- Netflix has consistent interfaces with mobile-based apps on both iOS and Android which makes a strong platform.
- Netflix provides a wide range of options for anyone from children to PG-rated. The TV shows and movies title are well-placed and organized neatly.
Amazon Prime Video
- It comes with a good classic fashion and has a moderately looking theme.
- Amazon Prime Video has an unmanaged interface but has good usability and experience on its device: Fire TV media streams but not the instinct for most smart televisions.
- It has a web-based interface connected to Amazon’s online store, which sometimes offers such services as well. It is easy to create multiple profiles in Amazon Prime Video. But it is harder to find something suitable to watch online as it contains older content for movies and TV shows.
If you are looking for regional content, then Amazon Prime Video is your guy. Besides, Netflix has great originals to binge-watch. In the end, it’s about your personal preference and what you favor the most.