A Virtual learning platform in an educational system is an internet-based environment, normally within educational institutions.
It is the medium in the World Wide Web (WWE) in which teachers and students are for a curriculum that leads to learning. It focuses on virtual resources room that provides desired courses to study while staying home or having a private workspace.
The studying material is available in the form of lecture notes, online learning, and many others. Learners can discuss the exams, lectures, lab reports, through downloading data.
Furthermore, the use of a virtual classroom happens through surveys, feedbacks and focus groups. The student has a whole day of access to learning stuff that suits their time schedules.
Features of VLP
- Assessment of information
- Exchange of experience and ideas
- Guarantee of safety and authenticity in the system
- Distribution of knowledge
- Experimentation and research of what has been learned,
Tools that create VLP
- Administration tools, like authorization.
- Tools for the learner, like group projects, self-assessments, writing jobs
- Courses tools, such as bulletin board, pdf
- Communication tools as e-mails, chats, video or audio conferences.
Advantages of VLP
- Accessible: It is accessible to students who have a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer.
- Affordable: Students can learn from their own home which means there are no travel costs in virtual learning.
- Flexible: Despite attending a classroom and learning according to time rules, learners have their own time management when learning online.
- Location: It means you can study from any location within access to the Wi-Fi signal.
Disadvantages of VLP
- Although it is comfortable having a private space to learn, it might lack proper
interaction with other individuals.
- Most students have insufficient general knowledge outside the digital world.
- Students are more likely to fall off track when learning online as the actual human communication isn’t involved.
- Sometimes an online course can be of a short time period only, and if the students are unable to manage time, then, their projects result poorly or even
To sum up, there are quite a few controversies regarding the virtual learning platform. In the same way to get a proper virtual learning experience is just as difficult as getting an admission in college. It might be beneficial for most cases, but it requires a lot of general knowledge, experience, time and effort as most VLPconsists of multimedia and technology.