Apple Inc. has recently announced iPad OS 14 (latest operating system update) to come to its iPad tablets owners at WWDC 2020. Although it is not officially out until the end of this year, Apple has released public beta testing of the new iOS on 9 July 2020.
The beta version of iPad OS 14 is an early version of the announced software. It runs on your phone or tablet. Further, you can give feedback to help improve the features and overall performance until the full release of the software. So, if you are feeling good enough to install the software, then read the article until the end and know how to get it.
How To Install iPad OS 14 On Your iPad?
- Open Apple’s Beta Software Program website on the device you want to test.
- Tap on the Sign-Up button.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and select Agree to the beta program terms.
- Choose iPad OS from the list.
- Thoroughly read the information and tap on Download Profile.
- Follow the prompts. Then, walk through installing a beta profile which you will need to approve on your device after downloading. Then, restart your device when asked.
- After installing the beta profile, go to Settings>General>Software Update and download/install the beta.
However, you have to be aware that it is just a preview. It can be buggy and some apps might not work properly.
Suggestion Before Installing iOS 14
If you really want to check out the new iOS 14 on your device, you have to take some of the pre-cautions mentioned below.
- Install it on your older device: I personally suggest you install this new operating system on your old device rather than using it on the new device. As it is just a beta version, the apps that you use the most might not work. So, installing it on your older device must be the smartest way to check the latest iOS.
- Back-Up Your iPhone or iPad: Before installing the new version, back-up your iPhone. After testing the beta version, if you find it too buggy and breaks your important apps, you have to go back to your iOS 13. To do so, you have to factory reset your device which might erase your important data. So, we strongly suggest you to back-up your encrypted data using Finder or iTunes.
- Wait for A Little Longer: As a matter of fact, the more you wait and more closer Apple move towards the official release, iOS 14 will improve with more reliable experience. By the fifth public beta testing, iOS 14 will mostly be stable.
Visit us to know more about iOS 14 and list of devices it supports.