Do you know what JioMeet is and how to use it? JioMeet is a HD Video conferencing app, which has been launched by Reliance Jio in India on Thursday i.e. July 3. And it is said it will take over Zoom and Google Meet and other video conferencing Apps.
The App was launched because recently the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of India warned users of Zoom App after receiving several privacy-related complaints. In addition to that, India is also focusing on discarding the products that are not made in India. Currently, the JioMeet App had been downloaded by 1M Android users and has a rating as high as 4.2 on Google play store and 4.4 on App store. JioMeet on its official website claims that all calls are encrypted, however it does not clarify if the calls are end-to-end encrypted or not.
Features Of JioMeet
JioMeet App has similar layouts and features to that of Zoom. The features of JioMeet are listed below.
- JioMeet is a cross platform service. It is supported on all major operating system like Android, iOS, Windows 10, macOS and the other web.
- Also, JioMeet is absolutely free. The users can host one-to-one video calling as well as meeting up to 100 participants.
- In addition to that, JioMeet offers unlimited number of free HD calls (720 pixels).
- There is no time limit in JioMeet App. The free call can last upto 24 hours without interruption.
- The meetings in JioMeet, just like Zoom supporting a waiting room for security purpose, can be password protected.
- In JioMeet, the meetings can be scheduled, have a waiting room, screen sharing feature, an active speaker layout. Furthermore, it have a safe driving mode for video calls while driving.
- JioMeet has mutli device support. Hence, you can easily switch to another device.
- Lastly, it has mutli-device login support- up to 5 device at a time- which can be switched during ongoing calls.
How To Download JioMeet?
- JioMeet is available on both Google Play Store (Android users) and App Store (iOS users). Search for JioMeet and Install the App on your mobile.
- After that select the ‘Sign Up’ option and enter the required credentials. In case you have already installed the app then simply sign in with the email Id and phone number you have entered.
- Then, check the ‘agree to Terms and Conditions’ box.
- After successfully signing up, enter the OTP. The app will ask several permissions like contact access and others so that it can send you notifications.
- Once you have given all the permissions as required, congratulations you are good to go.
- If you do not want to register but simply need to attend a meeting, then just click on ‘Join Meeting’.
Also, the JioMeet App has very simple layout. On the top of the home screen, there are four options- New Meeting, Schedule, Join and Share Screen. Below these options, you will find Contact Requests option. And at the bottom, you will have five options-Meet & Chat, Contacts, Meetings, Settings and Help. Besides that, you can also add contacts in the middle of the call.
How To Start Meeting?
If you are familiar with the Zoom App then it will be easier for you because both Apps have similar interface.
- To start a meeting, firstly sign up with your name and phone number and then provide OTP.
- Then, on the home screen, just click on New Meeting option.
- Select it to keep the video on or off. Then, generate a personal Meeting ID. There is also an option to not generate the ID but it is better if you enable the option.
- Then, click on ‘Start Meeting’.
- Also, You can invite participants by clicking on Participant option and then click invite.
- Furthermore, you can send the meeting links via messages, WhatsApp, twitter, among other media.